Cake: 2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 cups cane sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup apple sauce at room temperature (or 1 ripe banana mashed)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder
Fudge: 5 tbsp cocoa powder
2 7.4 ounce cans coconut condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease two 8 or 9 inch cake pans with coconut oil or vegan butter.
2. To make the cake, in a large mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and cane sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder until all of the ingredients are well combined.
3. While stirring, pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until there are no lumps and all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pans and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Meanwhile, in a small pot. Add the cocoa powder and the coconut condensed milk and stir until hot and creamy.
6. When the fudge is ready and the cake is baked, place the bottom layer of the cake on a cake stand. Pour some of the fudge over the layer, and then place the top layer on top. Afterwards, pour the rest of the fudge on top of the cake.
There it is, the world's best chocolate cake! Top with sliced strawberries for some fresh, extra flavor. Bon Appetit!